cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denisam
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense claim submission for inactive user

Hello all

I have a question regarding delegation and submitting of expense reports for inactive users. 

As per my knowledge if a user leaves the company and the profile in Concur is set to inactive (Termination date is entered), the administrator would need to remove the termination date in order to create and process any outstanding expenses (e.g. company charges etc.) which is helpful also as a check on Concur side to avoid mistakes.

However, our recent test has shown, that despite a user has a termination date and is marked as inactive, we were able to both proxy and act as delegate for this user, create, submit and process the expense report completely without re-activating the account. The SAE file produced did not show any sign the posting would fail. 

This would mean the delegates would always see both current and former employees and act on their behalf. 

Is this a feature or is it a bug? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@denisam so, in all honesty I did not think this was possible, so I did two things:

1. Tested it myself and...BAM! Was able to do just what you described.

2. Double-checked with a colleague if this was indeed a feature and he confirmed that it indeed is a feature.

The idea behind this is for reconciling expenses in the system for employees no longer at the company. When a company uses a corporate credit card program, although the card is assigned to the invidual, the charges are company liability, so there needs to be a way to both inactivate the employee who no longer works there to prevent them from being able to log in after their employment, yet be able to get the card charges submitted through the system to get that specific card account paid off and to a zero balance. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@denisam so, in all honesty I did not think this was possible, so I did two things:

1. Tested it myself and...BAM! Was able to do just what you described.

2. Double-checked with a colleague if this was indeed a feature and he confirmed that it indeed is a feature.

The idea behind this is for reconciling expenses in the system for employees no longer at the company. When a company uses a corporate credit card program, although the card is assigned to the invidual, the charges are company liability, so there needs to be a way to both inactivate the employee who no longer works there to prevent them from being able to log in after their employment, yet be able to get the card charges submitted through the system to get that specific card account paid off and to a zero balance. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
denisam
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD thanks a lot for testing and verifying. 

Denisa

ash_tree
Occasional Member - Level 3

Our configuration requires each user to enter their bank account information to be able to submit an expense report. How does this work for an employee who has left the company and they never entered their bank account information. Have 1 corporate card expense to submit.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ash_tree So, this employee had never created an expense report prior to leaving the company and they were given a company credit card but only used it once? Is that correct? 

The quickest way to reconcile this is to turn off the audit rule that prevents report submission if no bank account is confirmed. Proxy in as the user, add the transaction to a report, then submit the report. Once it is submitted, turn the audit rule back on. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey