cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barbarab
New Member - Level 2

Expense Types and Categories

Spoiler
We are trying to re-sort or re-order the Categories and Expense Type view that the employee sees when creating an expense report.  We have a lot of expense types, and many are assigned to Categories that don't make sense.   I don't even know where the Category names came from because they do not align to the Category options under the Expense Adminstration.  The view is confusing to employees and doesn't flow well.   Any advice??
5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@barbarab you are able to reassign the expense categories of Expense Types. Under Expense  Admin>Expense Types, go to the Expense Categories tab. Here you can assign expense types to other categories. I've provided a screenshot as well. Let me know if this is what you are looking for. 

Expense_Type_Categories.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Venkat
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I coudnt see Expense Catergory Tab in the login. Do we enable this tab in site settings? If can ping you theEntiry ID to you seperately.

Warm Regards

Venkat

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Venkat please send me the Entity ID. You can private message me if you want. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Venkat
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I had mailed you my sandbox entity ID. Please look into it.

Warm Regards

Venkat

TrishW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi there

We resorted and reassigned the expense categories a few years ago.  We removed some, retained some and made the expense type user friendly like

Accomodation overseas.

I would suggest that you proceed with caution: 

Concur did the change for us - but wanted to lock out everyone whilst they updated - this was not possible for us.

Things to consider - Expense claims in flight - how will you  handle them.  Once you remove / change an expense type those wating approval are also
                                       effected

Audit rules that reference an old expense type - they do not get updated automatically  eg changing an expense type called

"taxi'    to   taxi/uber did not update the audit rule - causing further confusion

Future  reporting requirements - how will the old changes fit in?  eg if you have an expense type taxi - how will you add that to the new
                                        expense type taxi/uber.  What sort of records does your company require you to retain and for how long?

If you pay Concur to Audit for you -  make sure you have updated any relevant Audit rules

Policies - policies are linked to expense types - you will need to make sure that you have added any new expense to the correct form and

any unwanted expense - removed from the policy and  marked inactive

It is so much more than changing an expense type list.    Overall - the users are happy with the change

Trish