cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfred66
Occasional Member - Level 1

Exclude from employees' Payment Type list. (Applies only to imported card transactions.)

Hi fellow admins,

This pertains to the Company Card settings under the Expense Settings>Show 2 Advanced Settings>Credit Cards>Add New Card or Modify. 

Check or leave unchecked the "Exclude from employees' Payment Type list. (Applies only to imported card transactions.)" 

I am trying to confirm how this setting works when used in conjunction with a personal card? If there are several users with personal cards, will this setting prevent the other user card names from being displayed for selection by all other users but still display for the user whose transactions are imported under this card? 

Unfortunately I do not have my site set up to test this myself, so I was wondering if anyone has had the opportunnity to see this in action first hand? And if so, can you please reply to my post.

Thank you in advance!!!

Alfred 

Arjitconsulting@gmail.com

https://Arjitconsulting.com

3 REPLIES 3
belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

The setting allows or prevents the user from selecting the payment type when typing in a new expense.  Regardless of this setting, the card transaction coming into Concur from the credit card provider will use the specified payment type.  I'd recommend leaving this as checked so that this payment type may not be selected when typing in a new expense.

I'd recommend using the Pending Card Transaction payment type if your users need a choice to use when typing in a new expense manually.  The pending card transaction payment type will prevent the user from submitting the expense until it is matched to a card transaction - so the user cannot forget and accidentally submit the expense before the card transaction arrives.

Alfred66

Belinda.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate the information now I can put this into action and let my end users create their reports without issue. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Regards,

Alfred

nkupferschmidt

When you say you'd recommend using the Pending Card Transaction payment type - where do you find that setting in admin?