cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmoore
Occasional Member - Level 1

Employee Detail report

I am trying to figure out a way to run a report which will show my employee names and cost center on the same excel doc. The closest I have come so far is the employee detail report however when I run it I get my employee names but the column with cost center is blank even though I have all my employees with their cost centers in the system. Does anyone know a way to fix this issue or is there a better place to look for a report including employee name and cost center? Thank you for the help

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you on SAP Concur Professional? If so, you can build this report quite easily in Cognos. I would suggest doing your Concept Mapping. You can find this in Expense Admin>Map Concept Fields. Here is a link to a document to help you do the mapping: 

http://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Shr/Shr_SG_ConceptFields.pdf. 

The mapping doesn't take effect until the next day. Once you the mapping is done, you can use the Concept Fields folders in the Cognos Data Warehouse to add Cost Center to your report. Just be sure not to pull Cost Center from the Concept Fields folders found under Allocations or Entry Information. There are 4 Concept Fields folders in the data warehouse, just so you know. 🙂

So, all you have to do is add the Employee Data item to your report then add Cost Center from the appropriate Concept Fields folder in the data warehouse. 

I hope this helps. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
hmoore
Occasional Member - Level 1

I only have SAP Concur not Professional. Do you have any recommendations for how to add onto a report or run multiple reports together maybe? I found the Employee detail report and Report view of Expense Accrual by date range which have the information I want but I am trying to not have to use Excel every month and doing a Vlookup to combine the two documents.

I mostly need the report view of expense accrual by date range report to include my cost center. 

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

This link will help you add Cost Center to the Expense Accrual report: http://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_rpt_accruals-modification.mp4?width=80%2...

Keep in mind, this is a generic how to video. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.