cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LonghenryM
Occasional Member - Level 1

Changing Expense Type When Adding a New Expense

There is a charge on my statement that is not available in Concur.  When I add a new expense it will not allow me to change the expense type from "Out of Pocket" to my company credit card.

Is there a way to resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LonghenryM when creating a manual expense, you cannot choose your corporate card as the payment type. 

If the charge is on your statement, it should show up in SAP Concur. Remember, it does take around 3 business days for a charge to appear in SAP Concur, so it is possible it could appear on your statement before it appears in SAP Concur. 

What you can do is reach out to the person at your company that is the SAP Concur site administrator and ask them if the charge in question is hidden for some reason. There are occasions when a credit card charge should appear, but it gets hidden. Your site admin should be able to see this. If it is hidden, then they can release it to you. If it is not hidden, it may not be uploaded into SAP Concur yet. 

How long ago did the charge occur? Also, there are some charge types that get hidden by default. Was this a normal type business expense or was it something like a fee initiated by the credit card company (for example, late fee)? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LonghenryM

The transaction date is 7-1 and the post date is 7-2.  It was a normal business expense that I've had no issues before.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LonghenryM then it should definitely be showing for you. You'll have to reach out to your company's Concur Site Administrator. It's possible the transaction is hidden. If it isn't, then something may have happened with the bank file that was uploaded to Concur, which someone at your company would have to probably contact the bank. 

You could possibly enter the expense as out of pocket so you receive the funds to pay off the charge. You would have to clear this with someone in your Accounting or Finance department.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LonghenryM

Turned out to be an issue with end of fiscal year confussion and our credit card statements.  Thanks for your help.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help. Glad you figured out the issue. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey