cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjordan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Automating Monthly Reoccurring Expenses

Hi all - 

So my company card is used for a number of the businesses reoccurring expenses. Each month they hit my card, and I need to upload the receipts. There's never a change in price, etc. Is there a way to have these expenses automate so I don't need to waste time doing this each month? It's a real time suck on my end, and we have a number of issues with Concur, which get worse when 3pm EST hits. The site almost comes to a crawl. 

Anyone know of a way to do something like this?

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@johnjordan your best option is to turn on Expense Assistant. This will automatically create an expense report when your first company card transaction comes in for the month. As the other transactions upload to Concur during the month, expense assistant places them on the report for you. When all transactions for the month are on the report and you have attached receipts, then just simply submit. BAM! 

Now, the question is, does your company have Expense Assistant enabled for you to turn on in your profile? That I won't know without looking at your site settings. Also, depending on what type of configuration you are on will determine where this setting will be for your site admin to enable if it already isn't. 

Can you tell me if you are on a Professional or Standard configuration of SAP Concur? If you don't know, just reply with your company name and I'll look it up and let you know.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
johnjordan

Yes, we have that enabled. I'm looking to see if there's away to automate receipts from our vendors though so I don't have to manually login to my portals and then save, and attach. The majority of my expenses are monthly reoccurring from the same vendors. I'm ok with the one off's, etc. But looking for away to automate those reoccurring. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@johnjordan unfortunately the only automatic receipts we have for vendors are our E-Receipts for Airfare, Car Rental and Hotels. If your vendors email you copies of your receipts and your company uses our ExpenseIt feature, you can forward those receipts to receipts@expenseit.com. What that will do is create the ExpenseIt item (receipt included) which will get matched to its corresponding credit card charge when it uploads into Concur. That's the closest to receipt automation we have. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TTFUSA

Kevin, how can it be that Concur doesn't do this basic function that other products do? We used a competitor's product for several years and that product always had built in logic to default similar vendor's charges to the last month's entries. This fixed GL coding, attaching receipts, everything and all the user needed to do was quickly glance at the monthly report to see if anything should be changed. The process with Concur takes some of my employees 90 minutes and it took 2 - 3 before. Is there any release pending to fix this obvious deficiency? For a company owned by SAP, this is incredulous to me.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TTFUSA Well, if you have Expense Assistant turned on and are using a corporate credit card, the system will create reports for you and will automatically place any incoming company card charge with a date that falls within that month on the report. The first time a user assigns an expense type to a card charge for a vendor, the system will map that expense type to that vendor for the user. So, in a sense, the system is using a fixed GL. 

Unless your company has added some custom fields to expense reports, the system will fill out all the pertinent details of the entries. The only thing the users would need to do is attach the new receipt.  

Do your employees have company credit cards and have they turned on Expense Assistant?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
RadmilaP
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello, 

Is there an option to create a reoccurring expense report for employee cash back claims. They will always claim the same amount, do they need to attach the receipts to each month? 

Thank you,