cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkarouni
Occasional Member - Level 1

Audit Rules

Hello, 

I want to create an audit rule that will prevent the submission of an expense type. This expense type must have a limit of 300$ that the user can't exceed, and can't be submitted more than once every 3 years. 

How can this be done?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
jmr101
Occasional Member - Level 3

Here's one we have that allows one claim per year, up to £30... the second bit limits to one claim per year, but I don't see any way to limit to one every three years - the only options seem to be per day/week/month/year... but maybe somebody else knows a way...

audit rule.JPG

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkarouni @jmr101 is correct that you cannot limit an expense entry to once every three years. Everything else @jmr101 posted is spot on for how to create the rule. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AEM

I am curious to know if you are able to find a workaround for your requirement  @mkarouni 

AEM

Hi @KevinD 

If the customer has the Policy Audit, wouldn't the service team stop the user from submitting the expense type (if submitted more than once every 3 years)?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AEM that would be a tough policy to enforce. I'm not sure our Audit team looks at the historical record of expenses submitted by users, so they wouldn't necessarily know that the expense has been submitted previously within the last three years. 

Also, I'm not super familiar with our Audit Team and what exactly their process is. The only thing I could suggest is to create an Audit Rule that flags that expense type everytime it is submitted with a reminder that it should only be submitted once every three years. That way Audit, Approvers and the Processor will see the flag. I don't know if our Audit team will go back and look at past reports from the user to see if it had been submitted previously, but at least managers/approvers and processors would see the yellow exception message and use that as a reminder to check the user's expense history. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.