Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Audit Rule for Expense Limit

Hello All,

Our expense policy limits meal expense to CAD 150 in Canada per day and USD 150 outside Canada per day. 

I am struggling to create an audit rule for meal expense outside of Canada to not to exceed USD 150 per day. I can choose the currency as USD but would like all other currencies to be converted to limit at USD 150 per day. How do I achieve this?

The reimbursement currency is in CAD.

Thank you in advance,

Harsha

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha so, audit rules cannot contain a currency conversion rate option. You have two options with what you want to accomplish.

1. Build the rule with enough conditions that are for the equivalent of 150 USD in all the currencies you expect outside of Canada. 
  2. If your Canadian employees have corporate credit cards and they are using this card to pay for their meal expenses, then just keep the audit rule with the amount not to exceed in CAD. The reason is if the employee is assigned CAD as their currency in their profile, then any transaction outside of Canada will be imported in and converted to CAD. Therfore the system will see the amount of the meal expense and what it is coverted to CAD. That way the rule can be applied.

Now, if your employees are paying for meals out of pocket, then just have them enter the amount of the expense in the foreign amount. Be sure to tell employees to change the currency of the expense. The system will then convert that amount to CAD based on the transaction date selected by the employee. 

Here's how this works. I'm an employee living in Canada with CAD assigned as my default currency. Any out of pocket expense I create will show the currency as CAD. The currency field can be changed. So, if I had a $35 USD dinner I would change the currency to USD. I would then see a multiplier and a conversaion rate field to see what this converts to in CAD. When I save this, I will see the USD amount and the CAD amount. Since I will see a CAD amount, the audit rule should apply to this expense if the rule is broken.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Hi All,

Reaching out for assitance again. Any advice would be helpful.

Regards,

Harsha

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha so, audit rules cannot contain a currency conversion rate option. You have two options with what you want to accomplish.

1. Build the rule with enough conditions that are for the equivalent of 150 USD in all the currencies you expect outside of Canada. 
  2. If your Canadian employees have corporate credit cards and they are using this card to pay for their meal expenses, then just keep the audit rule with the amount not to exceed in CAD. The reason is if the employee is assigned CAD as their currency in their profile, then any transaction outside of Canada will be imported in and converted to CAD. Therfore the system will see the amount of the meal expense and what it is coverted to CAD. That way the rule can be applied.

Now, if your employees are paying for meals out of pocket, then just have them enter the amount of the expense in the foreign amount. Be sure to tell employees to change the currency of the expense. The system will then convert that amount to CAD based on the transaction date selected by the employee. 

Here's how this works. I'm an employee living in Canada with CAD assigned as my default currency. Any out of pocket expense I create will show the currency as CAD. The currency field can be changed. So, if I had a $35 USD dinner I would change the currency to USD. I would then see a multiplier and a conversaion rate field to see what this converts to in CAD. When I save this, I will see the USD amount and the CAD amount. Since I will see a CAD amount, the audit rule should apply to this expense if the rule is broken.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Thank you @KevinD. This was also the suggestion from Concur activation coach.