cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmallon55
Occasional Member - Level 1

Apple's ATS Enforcement affecting SAP Concur Mobile – Action Required

Has this change to mobile access been communicated for an extended period of time or is it relatively new?  I am concerned as it is scheduled to take effect this month.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @mmallon55

Not a Concur employee, nor can I speak to any parts of the app that may be affected, but I don't believe this is going to cause issues.

As far as I can tell, App Transport Security has been a requirement on the App Store since 2017, and Concur uses HTTPS connections already, so I don't think there's anything to worry about. I did a quick search online, but couldn't find anything pertaining to ATS going into effect this month. Where did you see that info about this month?

Josh
ClayT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Just to add a little more detail, ATS enforcement will only impact those customers who have SSO integrations for Concur Mobile. Sometimes those integrations built in-house or by third parties are not ATS compliant.

All customers using SSO on mobile should conduct their own testing and diagnostics because there is not really a way for SAP Concur to test third party connections, of which there may be multiple for a client.

- Clay Thompson @ SAP Concur
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @mmallon55,

Thanks for posting!

SAP Concur first announced upcoming ATS enforcement in March 2017 and finally enforced ATS in early April 2018 for all customers. Most clients who were part of the original migration successfully migrated all their services communications. SAP Concur is enforcing this requirement beginning with the late November 2018 mobile release, not this month. Once enforcement of ATS goes into effect, users of these customers will see a blank screen when attempting to use our SAP Concur mobile app. Apple could choose to enforce ATS sooner than SAP Concur’s enforcement.

If you have additional questions, please review our FAQ or contact your IT department or account team. If you need assistance, contact Customer Support. 

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.