PamSciarra
Occasional Member - Level 3

Re: Initial thoughts on the new Expense UI.

I just turned on the new UI to try it out and the font is HUMONGEOUS.  I have to scroll down on every expense entry just to see if there are any comments.  I wonder if there is a way for Concur to allow the selection of screen or font sizing.  This is crazy big and guarantees a lot of scrolling.

Also, I definitely don't like having to hunt for the attendee link (preferred seeing attendees on the same screen as the entry.

PamSciarra
Occasional Member - Level 3

My fellow administrator just discovered that the Mileage Calculator is no longer there.  Is this one of the items that isn't fully functional yet....or is this something that will not appear in the New UI?  Right now, an employee can enter the two address points, but has to manually enter the distance traveled (rather than the system doing the calculation.)  I really hope this is something that is being addressed.

Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Pam - I believe the 'test release' does not contain all the functions that will be available in the September release. I attended the session in Fusion the big crowd pleasers appeared to be easier itemisation of hotel expenses and adding of attendees to events. I have no doubt all this feedback will be taken on board between now and the opt in date.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
GPThompson
Occasional Member - Level 2

I like it overall but, as mentioned by a few people, the loss of the icons is a problem, particularly for credit cards, flights and hotels. It’s hard to know what comes from a card source or from an itinerary at first glance.

Itemisations and allocations are so much easier now

Gareth Thompson
Head Financial Services and Systems
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
knaimoli
Occasional Member - Level 1

I am excited about the new UI. The icons are a huge pain point for us and my most asked question is about the smart expenses. I have to tell people all the time that if there is no credit card icon then it's not an expense and does not need to be expensed. 

I also LOVE the new itemization screen and it will help so many people here who get held up on different rates and non recurring charges. 

My biggest con right now is the viewing of previous reports. Why isn't there an all option? It was so useful! 

I am also eager to see what CBS changes will look like so I can start playing around on our Pcard side! 

Thank you.
Kate Naimoli
valegre
Occasional Member - Level 1

Richard,

This is what I have seen so far.

The size of the letters and the fields are too big compared to the other screens (i.e. "Manage Expense" and “Home Page"). Once I switched to the other screens it takes time to adjust the eye sight. If I adjust the screen resolution then the asterisk for the required fields are too small to be noticed.

The codes are being duplicated by the system. In the NextGen UI I see 2 company numbers 2 HBU and 2 cost codes on the fields. Not sure if this is a glitch for now or will stay this way. 

The rate for the mileage is not visible. In the current interface we have a link that shows “View Reimbursement rates”.

I also cannot find the option to change the approver for a single expense reports. The only option is to change it at the profile level.

I would like for SAP Concur to reconsider and keep the icons. They help the approvers to identify if the transactions are in compliance with the companies’ policy. The icons also help the administrators to troubleshoot the reports and provide assistance.

I like the itemizations for the hotel. This is a good improvement.

And last every time I tried to preview or revert (Between the old and the new UI) I have to log out and log back into the system.

Regards,

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 1

I agree with most of the comments here.   But I'm still a little puzzled about why people want the icons, especially for Card charges.

Instead of the icon you have Payment Type.   Why can't you use Payment type to distinguish card charges and train employees?

To me it's easier to say "Corp Card" then to say "look for the round orange icon".

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @SandraA,

The Payment Type being listed is, I agree, much more clear, and should be a great help in quickly identifying expenses not linked to corporate credit card transactions. For my company's purposes, though, I'm suggesting some kind of identifier *like* an icon, as a means to quickly access the transaction info. This is my main interested - whether or not it's an actual icon is irrelevant.

The info about Transaction Date / Posted Date, last four of the card, any Level 3 data, etc. was previously accessible simply by hovering over the icon on the main report view. Now, to view that same info, one must open a given expense and click on the Company Card link at the top of the expense page view. Burying this data inside an expense, and not making it visible while viewing the report as a whole is puzzling to me, as it will make any thorough examination / audit of a report take significantly more time.

It would be great if there was something - some identifier - on the expense line that you could click to make that transaction data pop up in a lightbox (like how the receipts function now on the main report view). Whether the identifier is an icon, or a small symbol like the Missing Receipt Declaration, or just the words of the Payment Type itself, I'd be fine with it. As long as the data could be easily accessible.

Josh
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

On a related note, does anyone know if the View Transactions page will be updated? Currently it has not changed, and the credit card icons are, in fact, still there on each available corporate credit card transaction, complete with hover-ability. Just curious if Concur is going to keep it that way or if that will be updated when the General Availability period begins.

Josh
Highlighted
Routine Member - Level 3

The icon issue is really important. I turned the shell icons for flights hotels and hirecars off because they caused my end users a great deal of confusion - do I acquit it or is it a duplicate? The icons I like are the credit card icon which can easily show the enhanced data by simply hovering over it and of course the exception icons which I believe will stay in the new UI.

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics