cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

concur mobile registration

Hello!

I have been a Concur admin for over a year now but I have to admit the Concur mobile registration process has never been clear to me.

I was advised that a user needs to login to their profile on the desk top then go to Profile-> Concur mobile registration and once they receive the email notification they can download the app and use their login details to sign in on the app.

However, I have in the past set up users and they have used their login details to login on the app without having to go on the desktop.

When I queried this with Concur Support they said that it is possible for a new user to sign in directly on the app and the Concur mobile registration is mandatory if your company has SSO (single sign on) and my company does not have SSO.

I would be grateful if someone could clarify the following;

• Is Concur Mobile registration required if you do not have SSO?
  • In what circumstances would a company without SSO need to advise their users to use Concur mobile registration?

P.S If a company does not have SSO I can’t imagine why Concur would restrict users who do not have desktops from logging directly on the app.

Would be really grateful if someone can give their input.

Many Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap Companies that do not have SSO do not need to register for the mobile app. The only thing a new user must do is log in to the Web version (notice I did not say Desktop) of SAP Concur and make sure they update their password from the temporary password they were provided to initially log in to something unique. Once they have created their new password, they can download the app and log in. Done and done. 🙂

So, in the case where someone doesn't use a lap top or desktop computer, they would need to use their mobile device (cell phone, iPad, tablet, etc.) to access www.concursolutions.com to log in. Users cannot use the provided temporary password to log in to the mobile app,, so that's why they must go to the web version of SAP Concur and update their password there first. 

To answer your questions directly, see my responses in red:

• Is Concur Mobile registration required if you do not have SSO? No, it is not. 
  • In what circumstances would a company without SSO need to advise their users to use Concur mobile registration? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. When I train our customers, I tell them the only thing required of them is to have updated their password from the temporary one provided. 

P.S If a company does not have SSO I can’t imagine why Concur would restrict users who do not have desktops from logging directly on the app. The moble app requires that the user have an updated password. That's the only requirement. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap Companies that do not have SSO do not need to register for the mobile app. The only thing a new user must do is log in to the Web version (notice I did not say Desktop) of SAP Concur and make sure they update their password from the temporary password they were provided to initially log in to something unique. Once they have created their new password, they can download the app and log in. Done and done. 🙂

So, in the case where someone doesn't use a lap top or desktop computer, they would need to use their mobile device (cell phone, iPad, tablet, etc.) to access www.concursolutions.com to log in. Users cannot use the provided temporary password to log in to the mobile app,, so that's why they must go to the web version of SAP Concur and update their password there first. 

To answer your questions directly, see my responses in red:

• Is Concur Mobile registration required if you do not have SSO? No, it is not. 
  • In what circumstances would a company without SSO need to advise their users to use Concur mobile registration? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. When I train our customers, I tell them the only thing required of them is to have updated their password from the temporary one provided. 

P.S If a company does not have SSO I can’t imagine why Concur would restrict users who do not have desktops from logging directly on the app. The moble app requires that the user have an updated password. That's the only requirement. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin, thanks this does help!

Mztasha30
Occasional Member - Level 1

When I put in my SSO it still ask for a password, but I don’t have one.