cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adriana
Occasional Member - Level 3

attendee - identical name

hi team,

We're trying to find an option to tell apart between business meals attendees (company employees) with identical name.

Is there any way to tell them apart in attendee search? 

many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adriana what might work is in on the search screen in the last name field, type %Employee Last Name. This should bring up the employees with the same last name. You will also be able to see their email address, which is how you can distinguish between them since they will have unigue email addresses. Also, if you are on our Professional platform, you should be able to go to Administration>Company>Tools>Attendee Admin. Here you can pull up each employee and add their title. That way you can distinguish between them. If they by chance have the same title, then possibly use the Company field to enter something unique to each. 

Give that a try and let me know how it works for you. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Adriana

@KevinD  Hi Kevin, 

I cannot repurpose the Company field, because we that one is already used for the company codes. In the employee search if I type Doe, it will return all the Does in the company, but if I have two John Doe in the same company  code what can I do? 

Many thanks! 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adriana Then you will meed to use the Title field to enter something that will distinguish between the two employees. 

Do you know if you are on our Standard or Professional platform? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Adriana

@KevinD  thank you for the suggestion but this doesn't help because we have identical names in the same department. For the desktop we found a way to use a custom field to bring the e-mail address. Unfortunately this is not replicared in the app. Any chance to have this as future change in the app?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adriana So, the employees with the same name in the same department have the same job titles as well? If not, the Job Title field could be used, but my guess is you would have used that in this instance if you could have. 🙂

As for the custom field in the mobile app, I don't think it is on our Mobile Development team's road map. You could submit this as a solution suggestion. However, Solution Suggestions are voted on by other SAP Concur customers, so if others wouldn't find this option useful, they probably wouldn't vote on it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey