cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Virtual/Personal Assistant

A lot of executives are hiring their own assistant outside their organization which means they can't be set up as a delegate/assistant in Concur. Besides logging in as them, is there a way to give someone access to a company's Concur product without setting them up as an employee?

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
9 REPLIES 9
ClayT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

I don't know the answer or best practice for this one, but I would think it would be the same way that customers set up their TMC contact or a consultant inside their system.

- Clay Thompson @ SAP Concur
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi Amber - great question! We are almost ( within a week) of auto loading our 305 file to Concur. I would presume you can still create manual profiles for non employees who have been given the approval to be an expense delegate.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Amber,

We adopt the same approach as indicated by Richard. A profile is setup using a personal email address. Such users login using a password rather than SSO and then they are setup as delegates for relevant individuals.

Note: One email address can only be used once across an organization. We were once unable to setup one user and realized that the same email was used as a login by another organization where the user worked earlier.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I'm looking for something along the lines of the Sponsored User/Guest Traveler. It needs to be something an executive can set up on their own so it doesn't interphere with the company or the person at the company responsible for Concur. We also don't want them submitting expense reports or booking travel. 

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

We've had that issue as well. 

We have solved the way suggested - setting up as an employee in Concur.  We do restrict the roles they get so they can't do travel or submit reports.

We have concerns in terms of tracking them, remembering to disable them so it would be good if there were some more built in solution as you suggest.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
Exit17s
Occasional Member - Level 1

We are in the beginning stages of allowing non-employees. We asked Concur Support for Best Practice. The solution and first step for establishing an account for non-employees as delegates was to create an audit rule to prevent them from submitting expenses. The next step was to populate the ID field with TEMPXXX (insert number where XXX). The audit rule looks at the ID field in the profile. If TEMP is there it blocks them from setting up banking. We know if there is no banking you cannot submit a report. All other features for a delegate is available.
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

This is what I've done previously but I'm looking for something the company Concur Administrator doesn't have to touch. Like the Sponsored Guest that employees can create on  their own, a Sponsored Delegate would be created by an employee with just basic information like name, email address, phone number, and who they're assisting. 

They're all set up for 30 days at a time and at the end of their time the person who created their profile will get an email alert asking if they want to renew for another 30 days and if not, the mini profile disappears. 

It's already being done on the Travel side so it's not too much of a stretch. Personal/Virtual assistants are becoming more and more common so I can see this being very useful in the near future.

patilr1982
Routine Member - Level 1

This sounds like a great suggestion Amber. If you have set up a solution suggestion, please share the SS number and I will vote for it.

For those that are looking for something similar but do not mind Admin overhead, a possible alternative is to set up the user with only Expense Approver role. i.e. No Expense User role. This allows setup as a delegate whilst not giving the assistant the ability to create expense reports for themselves. Obviously, they would not be able to approve as they would not have any Delegation of Authority assigned to them.

Best Regards,
Rohan
SAP Concur and SAP FICO Implementation Functional Consultant
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Done! I haven't submitted one of these in forever. Didn't I hear they were coming out with a new and improved way to do this?

SS Number: SS-0000023626

I started looking around at the other ones and there's some great ideas out there. I wonder how many are completed?