cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Royston_C
Occasional Member - Level 1

Understanding Delegates

Hi Everyone,

My name is Royston and im new to the SAP Concur Community. My organisation had recently implemented SAP Concur and many of us are still learning the amazing functionalities and what SAP Concur can do. I do have a question on Delegates and Segregation of Duties.

Assuming Staff A delegates to Staff B his/her Expense approval role, and staff B is A's line manager, in which A will approve B's claims. What happens when B submits his/her claims in Concur? Is he/she technically able to approve his/her own claims since he/she is also the delegate approver for A? Thanks in advance!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Royston_C welcome to the community. Happy to have you here. You ask a great question. 

The system does not allow people to approve their own report in any situation. So, if A delegates approval to B and B submits and expense report (which would be in A's approval queue), B would be able to open the report but as soon as they try to approve the system will tell them they cannot approve their own report. In this case there are two options: 1. B waits until A is back in office to approve the report. 2. B reaches out to an Expense Processor who can go in and search for B's report and approve it for manager A. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other delegate questions. 

P.S. Even processors are not allowed to approve their own reports even though they are not Managers. The system is designed to have checks and balances therefore no one can ever approve their own report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Royston_C welcome to the community. Happy to have you here. You ask a great question. 

The system does not allow people to approve their own report in any situation. So, if A delegates approval to B and B submits and expense report (which would be in A's approval queue), B would be able to open the report but as soon as they try to approve the system will tell them they cannot approve their own report. In this case there are two options: 1. B waits until A is back in office to approve the report. 2. B reaches out to an Expense Processor who can go in and search for B's report and approve it for manager A. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other delegate questions. 

P.S. Even processors are not allowed to approve their own reports even though they are not Managers. The system is designed to have checks and balances therefore no one can ever approve their own report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.