cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkelly
Occasional Member - Level 1

Swiss Franc (CHF) Expense Reimbursement

How are employees being reimbursed when they submit expenses in Swiss Franc (CHF)?

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkelly Are these employees of Swiss citizenship and living in Switzerland? 

They should be reimbursed in their assigned default reimbursement currency.

Maybe you can clarify for me the exact situation, like are they swiss employees? Do they live in Switzerland? Are they employees that are living in another country, but traveling to Switzerland and incurring expenses there? 

If you could clarify these things for me, I can better answer your question.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mkelly

Are these employees of Swiss citizenship and living in Switzerland?    Yes

They are living in Switzerland, incurring expenses in Switzerland. They are Swiss citizens.  Their credit cards are issued in Swiss Francs.

When we submit expense reports they are submitted in USD because these employees belong to our US entity. This is how we have these employees set up in Concur and Concur converts the expenses to USD based on the transaction dates. Concur has stated they cannot pay in Swiss Francs because that currency is not offered.  

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkelly Two other questions...Is your company using our Expense Pay feature? How do you pay these employees their paycheck? Do you pay the in USD or Swiss Francs? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mkelly

We do use Expense Pay and we pay them in CHF from a bank in Zurich and an outside provider.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkelly Okay, so as I understand it, the issue is Expense Pay cannot pay in Swiss Francs, correct? 

So, my suggestion would be to change the reimbursement method of these employees. They do not have to be reimbursed by expense pay. Then you could reimburse them using the same bank you use for their paychecks. Also, I believe you can change these employees' reimbursement currency to CHF. Just because the entity is a U.S. entity, doesn't mean these employees cannnot be setup as Swiss employees. 

Can you provide me your full company name please? That way I can go in and double-check what I've suggested.

Thank you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mkelly

As I understand it, Expense Pay cannot pay in Swiss Francs.

Our current integration with our General Ledger does not allow us to bring in multiple curriencies under one subsidiary.  That whole logic would have to be reworked on our end.

There are two problems:

Concur doesn't accomodate CHF currency

The employees don't sit under a Swiss entity

Our company name is William Blair.  Please let me know if Concur does accomodate CHF and I have misunderstood this.

Thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mkelly Okay, since I'm not sure on your company's ledger, then you probably cannot change these Swiss users to a Reimbursement currency even though it is available if you look in the Reimbursement Currency field on the user profile. 

In this case, you may consider moving the Swiss users out of the Expense Group that is tied to Expense Pay. I don't believe you are required to use Expense Pay to reimburse all employees, especially if someone at Concur told you CHF isn't supported by expense pay. 

My suggestion to look into is to just reimburse these employees the same way you pay them their paychecks, which is from a Swiss bank as you said. The only thing you would have to do is convert the total of their expense reports from USD to CHF to know what to pay them. 

Before doing anythig though, I would reach out to your SAP Concur account manager and ask them for suggestions or who at Concur you can ask about this specifically. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mkelly

Thank you so much for your help Kevin.  We will have to go back and rework this in our system.

cesnjuli
Occasional Member - Level 3

As a consultant based in Switzerland who also implemented Expense Pay in US I can assure you that it's best to move CH employees to another group, change reimbursement currency to CHF and start paying from your Swiss bank account. 

KR,

J.