cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pripley
Occasional Member - Level 2

Submitting Credit Card Transactions

Hello

We have recently purchased Concur and have rolled out the Cash Expenses side.  We also have now a feed from Amex to Concur. My question is how other customers manage the submission of claims with a mix of cash and credit card transactions.  For example, do you normally submit 2 monthly claims, one for cash and one for the credit card?  The reason I am thinking to do it this way is so that the montly claim for the credit card will always agreee to the Amex statement received by the employee.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Paul Ripley

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pripley I can tell you what I've seen our customers do. It varies from company to company. 

I have seen some of our customers create two reports per month splitting cash and card transactions onto separate reports. Be sure to check your contract to make sure it will allow for your employees to submit two reports per month.

I've also seen our customers combine cash and card transactions onto one report per month (this probably would be considered best practice). This is also a little less work for employees and expense processors. Will be less time spent on expense reporting if they do one report. 

Some of our customers allow for creating reports every two weeks (combining card and cash). 

I have also seen (very few) customer that do one report per week. 

It all really depends on your contract, your users, how many cash expenses you anticipate and whether your company is paying the entire credit card statement upfront or are you sending AMEX payments based on users submitting their card transactions? 

There are several things to consider, hence your posting  here. These are things I've come across, but I will be curious to see some of our customers responses to this post. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pripley I can tell you what I've seen our customers do. It varies from company to company. 

I have seen some of our customers create two reports per month splitting cash and card transactions onto separate reports. Be sure to check your contract to make sure it will allow for your employees to submit two reports per month.

I've also seen our customers combine cash and card transactions onto one report per month (this probably would be considered best practice). This is also a little less work for employees and expense processors. Will be less time spent on expense reporting if they do one report. 

Some of our customers allow for creating reports every two weeks (combining card and cash). 

I have also seen (very few) customer that do one report per week. 

It all really depends on your contract, your users, how many cash expenses you anticipate and whether your company is paying the entire credit card statement upfront or are you sending AMEX payments based on users submitting their card transactions? 

There are several things to consider, hence your posting  here. These are things I've come across, but I will be curious to see some of our customers responses to this post. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
pripley
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin

Many thanks for your insight

Paul

ChadM
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Great question, @pripley, and great context, @KevinD!

In my time working with customers on this - the "right solution" boils down to what works best for them as an organization. I'm interested to hear other customer insights on their approach!

Thanks,
Chad Minnick
SAP Concur - Community Manager