cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
administr8
Occasional Member - Level 2

Receipt handling: group/policy level please advise

I have unrestricted access. Regarding Groups and policies relevant to receipt handling, my understanding is this:

Currently, we have one policy assigned to multiple groups (countries). So while these users will be reimbursed based off of their different home currencies, the expense experience will be defined by the one assigned policy. For receipt handling,my supervisor  indicated that we would like the limits set in the users currency solely for employee convenience purposes as not all speak english. (Currently defined in audit rules, which is undesirable) For that, am I correct in the understanding that we will need individual policies per currency?

So for example, lets say the Philippines, Vietnam, and Netherland groups are  all assigned "NL policy "- so, While they will all be paid in their home currency, the expensing experience will be narrowed to the currency and rules of the single NL policy, AND -if we want to individualize receipt handling amounts in the relative currency then we DO need separate policies for each group. This will also allow other customized configurations for those countries and,  a seperate policy per group, I thought,  is best practice anyways??

Our consultant has led my supervisor to believe that because receipt handling is assigned at the group level, that seperate policies aren't necessary. Please confirm!! Thank you

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@administr8 receipt handling rules are assigned at the Group level not the Policy level. So, your consultant is correct. Receipt handling conditions/rules are assigned to groups. You would just need to set up a Receipt Handling rule for each currency. There are two ways to do this:

1. You can set up a Receipt Handling rule that has as many conditions as the different currencies you have active in your site. This might take longer and you would have to do your conditions as OR statements. 

2. You set up one Receipt Handling rule for a specific currency, let's say USD. Once done, you can copy this Rule, rename it and update the currency condition to point to one of the other currencies and update the amount as needed. 

I would recommend option 2 as I think it will be faster. 

Let me know if you need any clarification or guidance. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@administr8 receipt handling rules are assigned at the Group level not the Policy level. So, your consultant is correct. Receipt handling conditions/rules are assigned to groups. You would just need to set up a Receipt Handling rule for each currency. There are two ways to do this:

1. You can set up a Receipt Handling rule that has as many conditions as the different currencies you have active in your site. This might take longer and you would have to do your conditions as OR statements. 

2. You set up one Receipt Handling rule for a specific currency, let's say USD. Once done, you can copy this Rule, rename it and update the currency condition to point to one of the other currencies and update the amount as needed. 

I would recommend option 2 as I think it will be faster. 

Let me know if you need any clarification or guidance. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
administr8
Occasional Member - Level 2

Just when I thought I knew what the ____ I was talking about! lol. Thank you!