cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Multiple Company Structure for one employee

Dear Concur Community,

Would it make sense to have 2 company structure within the employee profile in Concur?

One that would follow the SAP Best practice company structure with SAP ICS (Logical System, Company Code, Cost Center, and Cost Center ID) for Financial Integration and Reporting 

Second structure following the customer's HR Structure (Company Code, Business Unit, Division, Department) for Reporting

1 Solution
Solution
Venkat
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @AEM,

Ideally "No". Try to merge everything in one single list. The following are the advantages

1. Easy to maintain

2.  Since custom fields are limited, better to plan and use accordingly. Once you two different list, you          need to copy down to the below forms as well.

a) Employee form

b) Request Header

c) Expense Header and

d) Allocation form

3. Integration becomes easy.( No need to run multiple jobs)

4. The same list can be used for AA or COA workflow as well

Before you finlaise, you need to be cery clear on ICS Integration as that is Peer to Peer connection( dynamically Cost object data would flow from Finance system to ERP). The other one is just a connected list, you need to write a bridge program to pull data from HR system or from Finance system and the job can be scheduled once in a day.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need further inputs

Warm Regards

Venkat 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Venkat
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @AEM,

Ideally "No". Try to merge everything in one single list. The following are the advantages

1. Easy to maintain

2.  Since custom fields are limited, better to plan and use accordingly. Once you two different list, you          need to copy down to the below forms as well.

a) Employee form

b) Request Header

c) Expense Header and

d) Allocation form

3. Integration becomes easy.( No need to run multiple jobs)

4. The same list can be used for AA or COA workflow as well

Before you finlaise, you need to be cery clear on ICS Integration as that is Peer to Peer connection( dynamically Cost object data would flow from Finance system to ERP). The other one is just a connected list, you need to write a bridge program to pull data from HR system or from Finance system and the job can be scheduled once in a day.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need further inputs

Warm Regards

Venkat 

AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @Venkat

I appreciate the message! I did merge the list and it turns out to be perfect

Thank you so much for these useful insights 🙂 

Best,

Andrew