cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JeffHaracz
Occasional Member - Level 1

Future Date

What paramenters are used in an Audit Rule to prevent usage of future dates?  I have experience with this from a previous instance but my new employer does not have this audit rule.  I thought this was a default rule and I cannot seem to get the logic correct to re-create it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Re: Future Date

@JeffHaracz what is the name of your new company? Normally, the future dated transactions is a rule that is automatically turned on. It's possible that its active status might be set to No. 

On the off chance the rule just isn't there, I've provided a screenshot of what the rule conditions should look like. 

Future_Date.jpg

I hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Solution
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@JeffHaracz what is the name of your new company? Normally, the future dated transactions is a rule that is automatically turned on. It's possible that its active status might be set to No. 

On the off chance the rule just isn't there, I've provided a screenshot of what the rule conditions should look like. 

Future_Date.jpg

I hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

JeffHaracz

Ace Hardware.  Yeah, I thought it was a preset rule.  I don't see it in incative rules.  I did find this info on another thread but was unsure about the 'Within Today + 10000'.  What is this referencing in terms of data?

Thanks

Jeff

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

It's referencing the transaction date. So, within today means today's date then the +10000 means transaction dates 10000 days in the future. So, if an expense has a date that is anywhere from tomorrow out to 10000 days, it will get flagged. 

The Not Within and Within with the + or - tends to sometimes confuse people. 

Kevin

JeffHaracz

Got it.  Thanks for your help.