cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunilrathod
Occasional Member - Level 2

Employee based workflow

Hi,

We would like to implement workflow based on the hierarchy of the employee with value. 

For example A is an employee who reports to B (Manager), B reports to C (Director), C reports to D (Vice President), D reports to E (SMT) and E reports to F(CEO).  There is one more person who is G (CFO).

A-> B-> C-> D-> E-> F  As per employee hierarchy.

A-> B-> D-> E-> G As per expenses approval matrix which is also based on amount of claim.

Approval matrix is as under.

1st approval by always Manager which is B

2nd approval by always Vice President which is D, only when claim value is upto 5000

3rd approval by SMT which is E, when claim value is > 5000 but < 10000

4th approval by CFO which is G, when claim value is more than > 10000

Also would like to inform you that for each department/Function (HR/Finance/Legal etc.) there is One SMT and more that one VP and all are having in the same cost centre of that function, so we are also not able to use cost object approver in such scenario.

Would you please give me the solution to implement this matrix in Concur Expeses ?

Thanks,

Sunil Rathod

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sunilrathod If I may ask you a question here...are you already fully implemented and live using SAP Concur? I'm asking because this type of workflow requirement is usually discussed during your implementation and set up by SAP Concur so you would be ready to go live. 

Can you provide a little background information here, please?

By the way, the workflow you want is a tad complicated. Do you have access to modify workflows? We don't give this permission out unless someone has taken our Advanced Configuration class. 

I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sunilrathod

@KevinD Hi Kevin,

Yes, we are live with the concur system.  At the time of initial configuration our approval matrix was simple, just approval of line manager was required and then its processed by the finance team, but now we have new matrix, which I mentioned in my mail.  Based on the advice, we implemented cost object workflow, but now problem are more in approval, having more that one approver in the same cost centre, even approving line manager is on the upper hierarchy than the cost object approver, so it look odd to get it approved by cost object approver who is junior in position.

I have admin access, but I never tried to change workflow, except chaning cost object approver.

I would like to know what is the solution for this.

Let me know if you require any other details.

Thanks,

Sunil Rathod 

@sunilrathod I think your best option is to reach out to your SAP Concur Client Success Manager to get your workflow changed. Your workflow is a bit complicated and most likely will need to be looked at by an SAP Concur Implementation person. Since you have already gone live, you'll need to work with your Client Success Manager to see what steps are involved to get this accomplished. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sunilrathod

@KevinD  Thanks for your support, but still our consultant believe that its not possible to implement this workflow and which is strange for me.  This type of require must be there in other companies, but concur doesn't have that solution.

Thanks,

Sunil

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

The problem sounds straightforward, so there must be more involved here.  I have some questions:

• Above the line manager, do these approvers vary by department, or are they always the same Vice president and above? (are D, G and E always the same person?  I am guessing that E is always the same, but D and G may vary by cost center)
  • Are you requesting approval for the entire cost of the report, or approval for the amount to individual cost centers within the report?  (Cost object approver allows one report to go to different cost center approvers concurrently, it may be more sophisticated than what you need and thus limiting how your goal can be achieved.  I suspect authorized approvers with levels may be more suited to the problem than cost object approvers)
sunilrathod

@belindaz  please find below my answer to your question.  Let me know if you require any other details.

• Above the line manager, do these approvers vary by department, or are they always the same Vice president and above? (are D, G and E always the same person?  I am guessing that E is always the same, but D and G may vary by cost center)  Person  CEO and CFO always remain other than that all are depend on the department, so they are more than one. 
  • Are you requesting approval for the entire cost of the report, or approval for the amount to individual cost centers within the report?   - We don't have cost centre split in the claim, so all expenses belongs to any one cost centre. (Cost object approver allows one report to go to different cost center approvers concurrently, it may be more sophisticated than what you need and thus limiting how your goal can be achieved.  I suspect authorized approvers with levels may be more suited to the problem than cost object approvers)
belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Based on your answers, I believe you should explore the functionality for Authorized Approvers using Levels instead of Cost Object Approvers.