cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gia718
New Member - Level 1

Credit Card Transactions - Transaction Date or Posting Date

My company recentally enrolled into Concur. I have a few questions regarding posting transactions according to Transaction Date or Posting Date. 

Prior to using Concur, we have always recorded transactions according to Posting Date and this is also how we are billed by our credit card issuer. 

I just realized that concur records transactions according to Transaction Date. However, our bank sends the credit card feed the day after the Posting Date. This is causing a time delay and a reconciliation issue because we require employees to submit their expense report within the first two business days and to include all expenses for the prior month. This has always worked out fine, but with Concur, its an issue. 

I tried talking to the bank to see if they can send over the credit card feed the day after the transaction date, but no luck. 

Any advice, on how this should be handled ?

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
bjoslin
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi!

We are a CBCP card program and our billing cycle ends on the 15th of the month so we give out cardholders until the last Monday of the month to reconcile their transactions that appear on the current months statement.

Brenda

JNg
Occasional Member - Level 2

Depending on your card feed setup, the bank can provide a daily feed or a monthly feed.  If a daily feed is provided, transactions would not be included until they are posted, which depends on the bank as well as the vendor.  So usually around 3-4 days.  If you are on the Professional Edition of Concur, there are several dates that you can pull from in the Standard Accounting Extract - Transaction Date, Bill Date and Posted Date. 

JMcGowan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Where do I go in concur to setup the credit card auto feed? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are not able to setup the auto-feed yourself. Someone at SAP Concur will need to do it for you. If you contact your Client Success Manager/Account Manager, they can get you started. There is some paperwork that needs to be filled out that you submit to the credit card company. It is a few week process and not something that happens overnight, just to let you know. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.