cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evandavis
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cost Savings - Expense Reports

I believe the cost to process an expense report is $8 per report. Has anyone explored ways to lower the number of expense reports that are submitted by employees? Perhaps moving to a policy with Statement Reports or providing training employees to avoid breaking up expenses into multiple reports?

2 REPLIES 2
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

We use the Billed Transaction Reconciliation report (in Public Folders -> Intelligence -> Standard Reports -> Administration) to identify users that have submitted multiple reports in a month and target training towards them.   

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

DeanR has a great solution to identify these users. Have Cognos send this report to all managers 

I think another thing to consider is training your managers/approvers to not approve more than so many reports in a month from employees. 

So, maybe train up employees that they will now be submitting one report per month and then reach out to all managers/approvers to let them know what they should do if they see a second report from an employee in the same month.  In the case where someone does submit a second report in the month, their manager/approver can send it back and tell them to delete the report and add those expenses to the next month's report. 

This is a suggestion. I might also suggest to get buy in from your higher ups to have them put this policy in place. 

Kevin 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.