cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Consolidate 1 instance to another

Anyone go thru a process of consolidting an instance of Concur into a pre-existing instance?  If we were to purchase a company and they currently have an instance of Concur that we would want to merge into our existing instance of Concur, is there a specfici process to go through?

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

You cannot merge two different instances of Concur. I'll give one reason...So, you have Company A acquring Company B. Company A's domain for logging in is something like: username@companyA.com. When you try to merge all the users from Company B into Company A's site, then it would think these are new users. Since their domain (login) doesn't match Company A, you would get an error or it would see these new users in Company A's sites, but since their login is still on record from Company B, you would get an error that the usernames for all of Company B's employees are already in use. 

I hope that makes sense. I'm sure there are a lot of other reasons, but this one is probably one of the easiest to explain. 

Kevin 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

i understand the log in issue which is easily resolved giving the users of Company B with new logins to company A.  I am more concered about data and configurations from Company B and how they can be incorporated into Company's A already configured and operational org

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

They would have to be manually configured in the new site. There is not copy to feature. So, any audit rules, custom workflow, etc. would have to be manually done. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
frankvo
New Member - Level 1

hi Kevin 

would it be possible to merge two instances if the domain is the same?  meaning in this way a manager that needs to approve members over 2 instances only needs to login once.

thanks 

frank.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frankvo you cannot have one log in that gives access to two instances. The users must have a profile created in the same instance as the approver. 

Although you can have two companies that use the same domain, the user will only be able to log in to the instance where their profile resides.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I wanted to provide a little clarification here on this subject. 

While merging or combining the configurations of two sites into one site is not possible, you can merge users from one instance to another. Also, here are some resources that might prove helpful regarding this scenario. 

Mergers and Acquisitions: A Practical Guide

Checklist: Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions

Mergers, Acquisitions, and Your SAP Concur Solution: Best Practices for T&E Leaders

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey