cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Re: Company Reimbursement for Personal Charge on CBCP Card

Welcome back, @AmberLee!

Yes, we are glad to be moving this direction and are in the initial phases for setting this up with the bank. And that is exactly how we'll be handling the payments, and cardholders will be responsible for any late fees.

Currently personal charges are reimbursed to the company via personal check, and it's up to the cardholder to send this in. Glad with the new program it won't be up to us to collect, but rather the bank's involvement (and the looming threat of a cancelled card!) will convince them.

Josh
ScrivnerBob
Occasional Member - Level 2

We have the cardholder expense that line as "personal" then we find ourselves chasing them for payment too.   

GKTammy

We have a seperate expense type for the user to record these transactions on and have set up a seperate control account to post these amounts to. This enables us to recover the money from the employees.

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Bennington - Do  you ever take the personal repayment from payroll?  Are you aware of any legal issues that would prevent you from doing that?

Sandra

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
TCBentz
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Grant - We are in the process of implementing a CBCP card program.   For now, we want the employee to be reimbursed the total amount of cash out of pocket charges, even though they have company card transactions marked as personal.   It was my understanding that by turning off reimbursement offsets for our CBCP corporate card, the system will NOT deduct or offset personal amounts from the out of pocket expenses on the same expense report, is this correct?  When testing this new payment type (with reimbursement offsets not used and balance carried forward disabled) I found that any reimbursement for cash out of pocket charges due to the employee were offset by CBCP personal charges.  When I reviewed this with Concur I was told   " this is currently not possible because it is by system design that ‘offset’ setting in CBCP Payment Type has NO impact on how payments are made and the ‘Report Totals’ will look the same whether the offsets are turned on or off. The workaround at this time is by doing separate reports for out of pocket and card transactions marked as personal expenses." 

Let me ask, is it not possible for the system to NOT deduct any CBCP personal charges from what the employee is due for cash out of pocket transactions?

If it is possible, please let me know what settings need applied. We want the employee to be reimbursed the total amount of cash out of pocket charges, even though they have company card transactions marked as personal. We rather not have seperate reports for out of pocket transactions and another report for the card transactions marked as personal.

Thank you in advance!

Tracey

Highlighted
Bennington

Hi Tracy,

The process you described in your message is absolutely correct in how Concur is designed to work with CBCP cards. If an employee has a mix of personal and legitimate expenses, then the balance is automatically reduced from any amount due to the employee.

If I understand correctly (and I am happy to be proved wrong), there is a slight confusion about what reimbursement offsetting means....

This is the way I have understood it to work:

Scenario: Imagine a situation whre the total amount of the personal charges is greater than the total amount of legitiate business expenses. E.g. personal total = 50 and expenes = 40, the employee owes the company 10. 

Normally (without reimbursement offsets) the employee would be expected to make a repayment to the company for the 10 - which means their balance is cleared down for their next expense claim.

However, With reimburesement offsets applied, the employee is not expected to repay the company for the 10, instead this amount will automatically be reduced from the balance of their next expense claim. Concur keeps track of this balance in the system.

NOTE - if you are using the SAP FI Integration with Concur - then reimbursement offsets are not supported, as the outstanding balnce is kept in the employees vendor account.

I hope this helps, happy to provide any additional info / help if you need it.

Dave

chrisboth

Hi Grant,

Are offsets supported in the ICS native integration and is the offset configuraton required for balance carry forward?

Thanks,

Chris

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the integration to answer the first question with confidence.

The offset configuration is not required for balance carry forward.

Grant Chase - Sr. Training Consultant - SAP Concur, Global Learning Services
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi Tracey,

Where the offsets option really makes the most difference is in the SAE, which is what has the GL postings in it.

Grant Chase - Sr. Training Consultant - SAP Concur, Global Learning Services
ntrosky
Occasional Member - Level 1

When an employee incurs a personal expense on their CBCP card that amount is loaded to their vendor card in Navision as a balance due to the company. We also have a Concur rule setup so that a message with instructions on submitting payment appears when they tick the box to indicate it is a personal expense.

In addition, we also have a monthly Business Intelligence report scheduled that sends out employee statements showing outstanding balances due company. From there we also have an escalation process as the balances begin to age.