cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksavoca
Occasional Member - Level 1

Best Practice monitoring approval limits

We have set into place a daily meal limit.  If they go over the limit the manager sees an alert when reviewing the report and can ignore it or only approve a portion of the expense.

My question is what does everyone do to monitor  this?  I am guessing at some point as admin I need to see who are the repeat offenders and talk with them.  In addition at some point we would need to reevaluate to see if our limit is too low and needs to be raised.  I do not need to do this in real time.  Do you all do it monthly, quarterly?  And how do you look into this?  The only report I have currently shows me submitted vs approved amounts but I woudl literally have to look at thousands of expense lines to see what was over and what was not.  There must be a better way.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @ksavoca,

Thanks for posting!

Are you your company's admin? If so, I suggest you check out our User Admin Group. This would a good question for your fellow admins. They would have some great insights on this topic. Let me know if you would like help joining the group. 

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

If someone goes over the limit, an exception is generated. You can build a Cognos report that specifically shows all expenses with this over daily limit exception. This is if you are on the Professional version of SAP Concur. 

If you happen to be on our Standard version of SAP Concur, you won't have the ability to build this report. 

Let's see if anyone else provides some help on how they monitor something like this.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ksavoca
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Kevin - unfortunately I am on the standard version.  Hopefully someoene does have a solution.  Thanks for the insight though!