cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJQ333
New Member - Level 2

Alerting managers to personal use of company credit card

Does anyone know if there is a report that can be automatically generated to alert approvers that their employee has personal charges that must be paid?  When an employee marks a corporate card charge as personal, they are supposed to pay Amex directly (while Concur pays Amex for all the business expenses).  We have a number of employees who don't end up paying Amex for their personal charges.  This not only results in late fees, but if the employee leaves our company, then we are often stuck paying their bill.  If there was a report that would alert their managers of the personal use of the card, then the manager could impress upon the employee that 1) this is against company policy and 2) they must pay Amex immediately.  

We do not have a way of deducting the personal charges from cash reimbursements (since most business expenses are on the corporate Amex, the cash amount would most likely either be zero or less than the personal charges). 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

First, what type of SAP Concur configuration are you on? If you are a professional configuration, you can set an email reminder that can go to the employee and their manager that notifies them when a card charge has been marked as personal. 

You can also build a report in Cognos that shows personal expenses and then schedule this report to run on a daily or weekly basis to show you who owes the company money. Scheduled reports can be emailed to anyone you choose automatically by Cognos when the report runs. 

Now, if you are on a Standard configuration of SAP Concur, you will not have the email reminder option, but I believe you can use Analytics to see if there are personal expenses. I am not sure if the free version of Analytics has the scheduling option. 

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JJQ333
New Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin ~  I'm not sure if we are Professional or Standard configuration (our parent company is more involved in that end of things) but we do currently use Email Reminders to let employees and their managers know if they have company card transactions that have not been submitted after a certain number of days.  So does that sound like we fall under the Professional configuration?  If so, then maybe I just need to request our support team to add the notification about expenses marked as personal.  Most changes have to be made by the parent company, but I appreciate knowing what may be possible.  This is a great help, thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Actually, the credit card transactions older than a certain number of days is a reminder in both Standard and Professional. What is the name of your parent company? I can easily tell if they are Professional or Standard if I know the name. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.