cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitchellW
Community Manager
Community Manager

SAP Concur TripIt and TripLink AMA - December 7th

Join us for this quarter's Ask Me Anything (AMA) on TripIt and TripLink!

Join us Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 from 11am – 12pm PT to ask your questions to our in-house SAP Concur TripLink and TripIt Product Experts: @kellyharris, @SheriS, @casey, @sue_johnston

Read Ahead: Wanting to learn more about TripIt or TripLink ahead of time? See what's happening across Community for TripLink and TripIt, as well as our corporate sites TripLink and TripIt.

Ask Away: Questions will be answered directly on this thread, so if you won’t be available during the live AMA, comment your questions below at any time to have them answered during the event.
Note: You must be registered to Community and signed in, in order to comment on the thread.

No sign up needed! Ask your questions directly below.

Stay Connected: Hit "Subscribe" to get reminders for the event and notifications when answers are posted.

Note: At the time of the AMA, be sure to consistently refresh your page to see new questions and responses.

19 REPLIES 19
MitchellW
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go ahead and start asking your questions here, directly on this thread, by clicking "Reply" on the post. Our experts will answer them on December 7th on the live AMA.

Elwandatms01
New Member - Level 2

Good day I missed todays session at 11:00am (Triplink and Triplt).  When are you giving the class again?

@Elwandatms01 the session is live now here on this thread. So, if you have a question about TripLink or TripIt, please post/ask it here and one of our experts will provide the answer. The 11am time is Pacific time. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Elwandatms01
New Member - Level 2

Oooopppsssss.... I thought it was EST time.  Thank you

I believe I misinterpreted the information.  I thought you were giving a class Is this just Q&A

@Elwandatms01 yes, this is a Q&A. So, if there is anything you want to know about TripLink or TripIt, ask away. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SheriS
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @Elwandatms01 If you are interested in more tutorial type training on Concur TripLink or TripIt , we do have some great content planned for SAP Concur Fusion 2023 that will be in-person in Houston Feb 28-March 2. Let us know what you're interested in and we may have other options if Houston dates don't work for you!

Here is a resource page you might find useful: https://www.concurtraining.com/en-us/triplink/traveler-benefits

Elwandatms01
New Member - Level 2

Only interested in Tutorial online right now.  Thank you, Sheri. 

Got it! No more questions right now.  I have to get more acclimated and educated before I can submit more questions (if any apply).  Thank you.

tesar_c
New Member - Level 2

As a traveler, can I still get corporate discounts when I book directly with my preferred airline?

SheriS
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @tesar_c Appreciate your question. Yes, the beauty of Concur TripLink is that when you book direct with one of your preferred airline carriers and your administrator has added the supplier TripLink discount code in your organization's configuration, you will see the negotiated rate appear at the time booking. Your travel manager then has insight into the negotiated rates being applied as well. 

SheriS
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi SAP Concur Community! We are looking forward to answering any questions you may have about Concur TripLink and TripIt today. We got you covered with some product experts so let us know what's top of mind for you or your travelers!

SheriS
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

One question we often get from customers is, what's the difference between Concur TripLink and TripIt?

kellyharris
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Great question!

Concur TripLink is a solution that helps organizations manage travel across a variety of booking channels by capturing itineraries (made outside of SAP Concur) and integrating them into their SAP Concur solution. Bookings are captured in 3 methods:
1) Travel partner integrations - include most major suppliers such as Marriott, United, Hertz, and more.
2) Corporate booking portals - online booking tools with access to regional content
3) TripIt Pro - traveler mobile app that organizes your itinerary

TripIt is a travel organizing app that keeps all your plans in one place. TripIt Pro (premium service) has features that keep travelers one step ahead with helpful reminders and alerts throughout their trip. If your company has Concur TripLink, employees may get a complimentary subscription (normally $49 USD/year) to TripIt Pro. 

Read here for more!

Best,
Kelly Harris
Solution Marketing Manager, SAP Concur
SheriS
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Another question we often get is can I use TripIt for both business and leisure travel?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SheriS 

Yes! You can use TripIt for all your trips, and you'll be able to take advantage of the features available with your Trip Pro subscription while you're on the go.

Marking trips as personal
If your company has Concur TripLink, you get a subscription to TripIt Pro. If your TripIt and SAP Concur accounts are linked, your trips will sync to SAP Concur to streamline expense reporting.

Within the app, business trips will say, "Shared with SAP Concur." You can keep a personal trip from syncing to SAP Concur by going to Edit Trip and toggling off Shared with Concur.

Add email addresses to your TripIt account
Travel plans can originate from various sources - you may book through Concur Travel, directly with the airline or hotel, or with an aggregator/online travel agency. Forward confirmation emails to plans@tripit.com, and TripIt will consolidate plans into a single itinerary. Make sure any email address you may forward from are part of your TripIt account.

To add an email address, go to the TripIt app > Account tab > tap your name > tap Add Another Email Address and follow the prompts.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
awowk5
New Member - Level 1

How do I get started with Concur TripLink?

kellyharris
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Thanks for asking!

If you're a site admin who’s interested in purchasing Concur TripLink, you can reach out to your SAP Concur Account Team to discuss pricing options. When you purchase Concur TripLink, each of your employees will receive a complimentary subscription to TripIt Pro.

If you're an employee and your company already has Concur TripLink, here's how you can get started:
- Concur TripLink travel partner integrations: Getting Started Guide
- TripIt Pro: Getting Started Guide

Best,
Kelly Harris
Solution Marketing Manager, SAP Concur
MitchellW
Community Manager
Community Manager

This wraps our slated time for this quarter's SAP Concur Community AMA! If you'd like to continue the conversation on SAP Concur TripIt or TripLink, check out our Additional Products Forum.

For specific learnings and Resources, check out our article: SAP Concur TripLink and TripIt Resources